Thursday, April 17, 2014

New Beginnings and Some Back Story

Two weeks ago I quit my well paid job as a Network Engineer to pursue my dream of raising my tiny girl myself.  It's going to be quite a journey and this seems like a good way to chronicle it.

I...am nobody special. Six years ago I found myself pregnant and alone and unemployed. I had NO idea what to do with myself or my life, I just knew I was about to be responsible for this tiny little life and I better not jack it up! I went to college. I got my MCSE and I got a good job. I started off at the bottom. $30,000 per year for doing remote tech support. It was GREAT! Exciting and fun. I was good at it and customers liked me so I excelled.

Promotions and raises came. I bought a house when it came time to send my precious baby to school. And I worked. And worked. And worked. And I paid people to watch this precious girl for me while I worked. And I felt like my own life was screwing me over. I wanted to be with my daughter and not pay people to raise her on my behalf. No matter how much I did it wasn't ENOUGH because I was so busy making a life for little Bub that I wasn't enjoying what I was building.

I had money. I had a house. I had a solid future. I was miserable. The only time I was happy is when I was with my tiny girl or when I was sewing. So I quit. I gave it all up to telecommute for $10 an hour. I'll be opening an Etsy shop here right away to help support us.

So what's this blog about? Sewing. Raising little Bub. Living life. The pursuit of happiness and the American dream lol. The things that REALLY matter. idk for sure what they are just yet, but I'll keep you updated.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. Good Luck Joey! looking forward to learning more about you and your adventure.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend of Nikki's - hope all goes well :). They grow up so fast! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support! Bear with me while I figure it all out and I promise I'll say interesting things!

      Delete
  3. yea! they grow up so fast, it's worth it hun. money isn't the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you all the success possible as you take on this new challenge. I'm sure you won't regret it. Meantime we'll all be looking forward to hearing all about your tiny one and the adventures you both get into. Enjoy! (and congrats for getting out of the box)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, Joey. I get where you are coming from except I did it in a different order. It's good to be present. Enjoy life with bub and keep on sewing! xo

    ReplyDelete